Labor and Employment Lawsuits
Ken Ralidis has 25+ years of experience handling labor and employment cases / lawsuits. We usually represent the plaintiffs, the workers in these employment related cases. We have also represented selective employers (the defense) when we realized, through our vast experience, that the claimant was not being truthful. In several of such labor and employment cases recently, the claimant had sued under a dozen theories, including harassment, discrimination, unpaid wages, retaliation, etc. We resolved these cases for $10,000 or less although the claimants were seeking hundreds of thousands of dollars, and even over a million dollars.
More often, however, our firm handles cases and lawsuits for workers and other laborers. There are many different types of labor and employment cases and lawsuits, and these are some of the types we handle:
- Wage and hour disputes cases / lawsuits (unpaid wages, underpaid wages, failure to pay overtime, failure to pay minimum wages, etc.).
- Meal break and rest break cases / lawsuits (workers not given meal or rest breaks required by law).
- Covid-related cases / lawsuits (especially where the employee is not safe in the work environment).
- Discrimination cases / lawsuits (based on race, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, sex or gender, transgender, hostile work environment, marriage, etc.).
- Harassment / sexual harassment cases / lawsuits (usually based on gender, age, pregnancy or sexual orientation), wrongful termination cases, whistleblower cases and retaliation cases).
- Hostile work environment lawsuits
- Minimum wage violation lawsuits
- AB5 misclassification / contractor classification lawsuits
- Overtime protection lawsuits
- Retaliation lawsuits
- Whistleblower lawsuits
- Wrongful termination lawsuits
Many workers do not understand the legal meanings of commonly used terms. For example, many potential clients describe horrific conditions where the employer, a manager, or supervisor, acts rudely, unfairly or is just plain mean, and they accurately describe the workplace as “hostile”. This is quite true in the common sense of the word. However, the legal sense is different in regards to labor and employment cases and lawsuits. A worker cannot sue an employer because they are mean or unfair, UNLESS the basis for being mean or unfair is something illegal, like discrimination or harassment based in large part on race, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age (40 or over), marriage status, pregnancy, reporting a crime, refusing to engage in instructed illegal activity, etc.
So, it is the lawyer’s job to identify the issue or issues accurately and to assess the potential for liability in labor and employment cases and lawsuits. Our firm has over a quarter century of experience in most areas of labor and employment disputes, and we are aggressive in seeking fair compensation for illegal activities.
If you have a case and possible lawsuit similar to these, contact Ken Ralidis at 213.251.5480 today to see how he can help you get the compensation you deserve. We have often obtained results for our clients that are 10-25 times what the initial offer was. Don’t just settle for any attorney that may not have the experience, or a big law firm that doesn’t have the time or resources for a case like yours. Reach out to Ken Ralidis for his experience and the personal attention he offers. We can help you win your case!